Selling a Business
Selling a business is a complicated process that requires a seller to understand the implications of the following questions:
- What is the difference between selling assets and selling stock?
- How do I ensure that the sale of the business is confidential?
- What is the value of my business?
- What type of financial records do I need to provide a buyer?
- Can I get cash for my business or will I need to take a note?
- How long will it take to sell my business?
- Can I sell my business if it is not currently making money?
- What is the most effective way to find qualified buyers for my business?
- How do I know a buyer is financially qualified?
- How do I deal with discrepancies between my financial records and tax returns?
- Can I sell my business if I have only owned it for a short time?
- Should I use an escrow company?
- What forms do I need to complete and releases do I need to obtain from governmental agencies?
- What type of training do I need to provide a new buyer?
- How can I determine if a buyer is financially qualified?
Given the obvious complexity of the process there is really no reason not to work with a Sunbelt Business Brokers of Pasadena trained business intermediary. A business broker takes the time to understand what your personal and financial needs and goals are, and then finds a buyer and help you to structure a deal that meets your criteria. The broker will assist in arriving at a market value for your business and can provide you with a variety of professional valuations tailored to your needs. The broker will market your business on a confidential basis on the major websites that buyers visit. The broker is always available for consultation as issues arise. Once you have accepted an offer, it is the broker’s job to ensure a speedy closing of the transaction. The broker is familiar with the required steps to close the transaction including liens searches, property tax searches and filing of UCC’s. In view of the benefits for a buyer, it does not make sense not to use a business broker!
There is another reason why it is advantageous for a seller to work with Sunbelt Business Broker’s of Pasadena. The company is part of the Sunbelt Business Brokers Network of over 346 offices in the United States and eleven international offices. Sunbelt has been rated the top business brokerage firm since 1995. The January 2003 edition of Entrepreneur Magazine ranks us the pre-eminent business brokerage firm once again. The size of the network gives our brokers access to buyers all over the United States and in many foreign countries. Sellers working with Sunbelt Business Brokers of Pasadena have exposure to one of the largest pools of buyers available and the necessary guidance to ensure a successful purchase transaction.