Selling a Business
Selling a business is a complicated process that requires a seller to understand the implications of the following questions:
- What is the difference between selling assets and selling stock?
- How do I ensure that the sale of the business is confidential?
- What is the value of my business?
- What type of financial records do I need to provide a buyer?
- Can I get cash for my business or will I need to take a note?
- How long will it take to sell my business?
- Can I sell my business if it is not currently making money?
- What is the most effective way to find qualified buyers for my business?
- How do I know a buyer is financially qualified?
- How do I deal with discrepancies between my financial records and tax returns?
- Can I sell my business if I have only owned it for a short time?
- Should I use an escrow company?
- What forms do I need to complete and releases do I need to obtain from governmental agencies?
- What type of training do I need to provide a new buyer?
- How can I determine if a buyer is financially qualified?